I do like dates. I’ve mentioned this many times but its true. I went on a date yesterday and it was awesome. Trad and old man bars can’t be beat, especially when it came in at less than a tenner (I drank a lot of diet coke.)
I tend to be broke. I’ve also mentioned this many times before. So I like my dates to be cheap and cheerful. So here’s some stuff to do when your wages don’t want to make friends with wine.
10 Cheap Date Ideas
- Home movie night – its been done to death but its still way cheaper than going to the cinema. Plus you can watch gangster movies and make inappropriate comments. Et cetera.
- Play board games – play strip board games if you’re feeling saucy.
- Go to an art gallery – pretend you understand all the nuances of art. Act pretentious. Drink free wine if they’re offering.
- Go on an adventure – even if this just means wandering around your suburb. Look for places to hide. Make up background stories for loitering teenagers. Hold hands.
- Cook! – I don’t care how un-feminist-ly traditional it is, I like cooking dinner for people. It’s why people keep me around.
- Get your skates on – roller or ice depending on the time of year. Laugh when you fall on your ass 🙂
- Go to the park – Or forest as the case may be. Hit up the playground until the warden throws you out for being old.
- See a band – local bands are usually free and surprisingly good. Then hit up a nightclub on a monday. Free too.
- See some animals – go to the zoo or the aquarium or a farm. If even that is too dear, go to a shelter and see if any cats or dogs break your heart enough to take one home. Inevitably leaving you with less money.
- Get the shift – no explanation required.