Flicking through the many cookbooks we had picked up in the library turned out to be quite the muse for culinary experimentation. Well, nothing impressive or complex (we are still only students in student accomodation. With limited utensils.) but man, did I get one daaaaaaaaycent dinner out of it 🙂
- 1 can tuna
- 3 ryvita
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (or any sauce. Most people would use mayo I suppose. But I think sweet chili sauce should go on everything.)
- 3-4 tbsp chopped onion (you can leave this out, I just really like onion)
- 2 triangles Laughing Cow Extra Light Cream Cheese (or any cheese. But I will explain later why the cream cheese is extra amazing.)
- All the salad-y things you want for a side dish
- Stick on the grill.
- Drain the tuna and put in a bowl. Add in the chopped onion and chili sauce and mix up really well with a fork.
- Lay out three ryvita on a grill-safe plate and spoon the tuna mix all over.
- Slice up the triangles of cheese into smaller bits and lay on top of the tuna.
- Put the plate under the grill for about 5 minutes (maybe more, I wasn’t really timing.)
- Whilst this is happening, make your salad or whatever side dish you are jonesing for.
- When the ryvita and tuna are just a little browner, then its all ready!
What you will notice is that the cream cheese doesn’t look melted. This is all part of the process. Because once you cut into that creamy gold, it is melted inside. Win.
Or should I say om nom nom nom….